Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Its Wednesday!

I tend to like Wednesdays.... half way through the week (not that the week has been bad) and only two more early mornings! I am struggling to get up and leave the house in the dark and in a few days time I'll be returning home in the dark too - I was saying to someone earlier that I reckon I should have been a Hedgehog or a Doormouse and hibernate the winter away - as long as I could be awake for Christmas! Mind you, I don't really mind this time of year too much - its January thats the toughest time for me, always has been.... desperate for signs of spring and to be without a cold/virus, desperate for money, desperate for sunshine and warmth.....
Since the end of last week I've been officially in charge of our Salvation Army Corps - both my Officers and the second-in-command (CSM - Corps Sergeant Major) are on their hols in the north of Scotland.... well somewhere up there - and its been interesting.... Friday night I had a visit from a soldier who wanted a chat about some serious stuff - that's never happened and we have never chatted much before, but she felt she could come and speak with me about it and that felt good - I felt quite honoured (and a bit frightened too to be honest) and then I had Sunday to cope with - terrible to say that I suppose, but that is how I felt - lots of stuff happened leading up to Sunday and on the day.... minor and not so minor - affecting me and those who were leading the meetings -BUT it was a good day and we did send up some praise to God and even though I wasn't feeling too good (and prob would have stayed in bed for most of the day if given half a chance) by the end of the day I felt so much better - I think I said this in a previous post but I'll say it again.... it always amazes me how much God blesses when we bless Him - the meetings were very different (different leaders - family, local people - country & western style, etc - and quite loud!!! in the morning and my future son-in-law in the evening with my younger daughter assiting with the powerpoint and an excellent reading of the scriptures) but they tied in well just showing how many different ways there are to worship our Lord - and stressing the fact that we are all different and we should worship how we want to and how we feel led - not being afraid of doing so...... I shall be glad though when my Officers return tomorrow - I need to speak with them asap about the soldier who came for a chat and also, I've been worried that someone in the corps/linked to the corps might die - I'd been told to contact our Divisional Headquarters in Exeter if that were to happen! and we do have some very poorly folk in our fellowship - one on Sunday we prayed for especially as he was so ill and in pain he was unable to make it to the meeting - so there, not only am I glad its Wednesday for all the reasons stated at the beginning, I am also glad as its nearly Thursday and I can step back a bit - I have to say though, on Sunday morning I really felt under a lot of attack and I could have easily walked away from it all (esp when seeing some people's faces) and I did feel like I did a poor job and just wasn't suited to leadership in any way..... but come the evening, I felt quite different - thank you Lord - its never going to come easy to me, that sort of role, but I do know that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!!! I just have to believe it and keep on believing it......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home