Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Journeying.... Destination....MAD!

As you know, this blog is called Journeying.... its supposed to be about my journey with God. I've been thinking about the journey - and my destination..... and about MAD - Making a Difference. How important is the journey in comparison with the focus on the destination? What about where God is leading me now.... not just Heavenward?

I've had these thoughts going through my mind for quite a while and they came sharply into focus on Sunday evening when Alan preached about the call of Abram (Genesis 12) We looked at the few verses before, in Chapter 11 (v 27-32) at the account of Terah..... about the fact that he settled in Haran.... he never got to where God was leading him (Canaan) and the account in the Bible says it all. I don't want someone to say of me when I get promoted to Glory "Ann lived in Pill most of her life, worked in Bristol University for a large part of it, went to the Salvation Army and died aged **"

I've been struggling with a lot of 'shifting sand' as some will know. A lot of my perceived security blankets have been stripped away bit by bit. Its been unsettling, still is to an extent...... but, I am learning to wait on God..... and He is so gracious with me - I have so much to learn. One of the things is just how do I 'fit' in the fellowship.... maybe its a 'Pill' thing, probably its a 'me' thing! I am confident that God has not finished with me yet and I believe that He is working out His purposes and will work out His purposes for His Kingdom's sake - I believe that one day we will be able to say, and mean it fully: "Pill Corps passion is to Pilot out Communities into the Safe Harbour of Jesus Christ"...... and we will be a safe environment in which to do this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home