Friday, September 14, 2007

"Be Still........and know that I am God" and other stuff!

I am struggling with much frustration currently. One of the main reasons is that, so far, I've been prevented from getting out to do any collecting for our Annual Appeal.... physically I've just been unable (recently received a diagnosis of acute Osteoarthritis in my upper spine, the sternoclavicular(!) joint on the right side and my lower spine). Glad to know that at least the pain and lack of sleep actually do have a reason behind it all... not just muscle ache, PC use, or other stuff. BUT, I've always been able to get out and collect.... ever since I became a Soldier 25 yrs ago. Now I will admit, I don't actually look forward to doing it - but once I am out there I do enjoy it (to a certain extent!) and I feel I am doing something 'useful' for God.

For a long time now I've been frustrated with the sense that I am not doing enough for God..... and I've felt (and feel) so guilty about it. I've cried out to Him to show me what it is I should be doing................. and graciously He has told me, time and time again to wait on Him.... to be still and to know He is God. I am very very slowly learning this lesson - and learning not to fall asleep when I do have an opportunity to be still!

As I've mentioned before previously, there are not enough hours in the day to get everything done that has to be done - and then there's always something else that needs to be done on top of everything else!!!!!! Of course I realise that this is not peculiar to me.... and God is good.... He is so very Faithful..... He is teaching me and I am trying to cultivate a 'teachable spirit'.

The last couple of years at the corps have been tough, not just for me, but they have - I am praying that God will restore all that the evil one has taken away from us (and tried to take away from us) as a fellowship and as individuals. As has been quoted recently (from retired General John Gowans) "They started taking care of the corps instead of taking care of the lost and the Lord took their candlestick from its place. The glory has departed." I thank God for His faithfullness to us as a fellowship, even as we have been more focused on each other and on our problems rather than on Him and the lost in our communities........ and I continue to pray for His forgiveness for us all and that His will be done, for His Kingdom's sake - I know He is faithful and He will do it! Praise Him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home