Thursday, May 21, 2009

Ascension Day

"I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself" John 12:32

Jesus was lifted up by the almighty power of God when he ascended into Heaven to sit at the right hand of The Father.......... He is drawing all people to himself - my questions are, how often to I lift Him up - in worship and praise and thanksgiving? How often do I not look up to Him and instead look down at the stuff of life with its distractions and disturbances?

Following our Cell meeting last week where we had a conversation about worship, I've been mulling it over in my mind and I realise I do struggle at times to worship in meetings at the corps - I get distracted (I allow myself to get distracted!) and then other times I find it easy. I will often find myself worshiping when walking into work (I now get off the bus early and walk about 2+ miles into the office - and for those who know, it is across the Suspension Bridge, through Clifton Village and on into the Dental School down by the bus station - lovely walk and all downhill!!) BUT, it doesn't seem to be enough and also there is a bit of a limit to how much I can worship walking into work without being taken somewhere by men in white coats!

I am praying that God will continue to help me in this journey......... there is so much more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home