Thursday, May 17, 2007

Ascension day!

I didn't realise it and hadn't thought about it but in both my daily readings the focus was on Jesus Ascension - and, one of those daily readings is something that was written many years ago and is just a set yearly reading, so no link to today's date.... if you get my drift!!??

Anyway, this prompting continues to encourage me to do all that I can to lift Jesus high in everything I do and say through my day........ Things have been a bit difficult recently, with concern for Dick but God has given me clear indication yet again, of His Faithfulness....... and today, I recognise that I can continue to lift Jesus high by speaking about His faithfulness, when talking to people about Dick... yes, I may have worries (which I do my best to take captive to Jesus - and it does work, praise Him!) but I can speak about that natural human frailty in the context of the supernatural ability of the Holy Spirit to give me Peace in the midst of anxiety, His presence every step of the way, His love which never has failed me and never will, His provision...... ditto, etc., etc., etc....... So, as I testified over and over to so many people during Dick's emergency situation, I can and will still testify to God's keeping and faithfulness, and in so doing, to lift Jesus High - Yes He is ascended to His throne on high.... but we must continually endeavour to lift Him high in our lives, in our work places, in our homes, schools, colleges, street, village, town, church(!) - everywhere.... after all then we are promised that He will draw all men (women, boys and girls) to Himself!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home