Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Time, space, the universe........

I have a big problem with time (lack of it....) and space - space that is personal, private and where I won't be likely to be disturbed. As far as 'the universe' is concerned, I listed that as it sounded good.... thankfully its not something that I have to try and deal with or sort out.

I'd blogged in June 06 about the fact that I was now sharing an office.... and the potential good and bad things about that. Well, on the whole it is good - I get on well with my colleague and have many opportunities to chat about my faith and what I got up to on the weekend (at the Army, etc). My colleague is off for a couple of months following a minor op and so I have the place to myself.... but I am having even more interruptions than ever. I did manage to spend an hour in prayer this morning before anyone came in...... and it was good because I was able to proclaim out loud, bind and loose out loud, declare out loud, etc., etc.,..... this is why I feel so frustrated with my lack of time and more importantly private personal space. I really believe it is vitally important to be able to pray out loud - in all sorts of ways, but so important, purely due to the fact that then, the devil hears! Most of the time I end up sitting on the bus going into work and praying fairly quietly as I travel...... but its not the same. Its better than nothing but its not the same and I'm getting more and more frustrated with the situation.

I've brought it before the Lord and, in my own way :~) suggested some possible options....... I still feel called to be an intercessor, prayer warrior and recognise that I need to study a lot more and I need a lot more teaching..... but this area of ministry (although applicable to all Christians) does keep pulling me very forcibly (well it feels like it!)

One thing God has said to me this morning is that I must stop trying to compare myself with others and seeing where I am failing......... Jesus is the only one who I should be looking to - as If I didn't know this already but my oh my, don't I need reminding!

Off to a Personnel meeting now......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home