Monday, April 30, 2007

Prayers and a pace-maker!

We had an 'interesting' Wednesday last week in our family..... I had a call from our elder daughter during the lunchtime (as I was wandering round Broadmead shopping area) to say that Dick (my other half) was on his way to the BRI (hosp) in an ambulance with what seemed like a recurrence of his heart problems. I texted Captains and Pete & Pauline for prayer and then rushed over to the A&E dept - I'm only 5 mins from it! - and was allowed into the Resus dept where he was pretty ill. His heart rate was very very low. He'd apparently lost consciousness at the wheel of the car whilst driving down into Pill, down Ham Green Hill - mounting the pavement but coming to a standstill due to stalling the car, thereby not causing any harm to property or person! He came round and managed to drive the 200yrds to our house, phoned our Drs and walked up to the Surgery where he collapsed again. They called the ambulance whilst doing an ECG. He had a pace-maker fitted that afternoon - a slot had just become available in theatre! I left him at that point and said I'd be back in the evening. I went home and phoned everyone that needed to know, made the tea, and then ended up having a lift with one of the corps' families (which was much appreciated). Dick looked so much better although was in considerable pain and still felt quite unwell (shock). He told me that on the way down to the theatre in the lift his heart rate went so low that they thought they were going to 'lose' him. Everyone said that it was a miracle that he survived......... I know it was...... I know that it was God working through peoples' prayers........ I know that the devil wanted to steal, kill and destroy, but I know that God was protecting Dick, throughout everything....... from not crashing the car and causing whatever damage to himself & others, to getting into the BRI so quickly, to suriving in the lift when it seemed like he wouldn't, to having the op so swiftly, and for making it through that........ I know that God is giving Dick more time to come to Him properly...... He is giving Lucy and I (and some others) more time to do what we should be doing....... we won't take it for granted. I had so many opportunities to witness to God's protection and His answering prayer, to so many people (and to Dick) in these last few days it has been incredible.
God is good and He is Faithful.

2 Comments:

Blogger petros said...

I managed to talk about the power of prayer to Dick in the precinct last week and I am certain that he is aware of it in his own way ...... He's continually in our prayers Ann as is Sian

God Bless you

Pete & Pauline

1:26 pm  
Blogger Ann said...

Thanks Pete!

2:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home