Thursday, May 24, 2007

I am a Soldier!

Have a look at Captain Stephen Court's blog at in response to people's response to the TC of Australia Southern Territory's blog where he commanded his soldiers to get holy and do something to honour God - its created quite a furore. My response is below.... as far as I'm aware its not taken from any SA 'thing' but my CO read it once on a Sunday, I have it printed out and stuck in the front of my song-book..... I need reminding often of who I am..... I'm sure I'm not the only one:

I am a soldier, a prayer warrior, of the army of my God.
The Lord Jesus Christ is my Commanding Officer.
The Holy Bible is my code of conduct.
Faith, prayer and the word are my weapons of warfare.

I have been taught by the Holy Spirit, and I am enlisted for eternity.
I will either retire in this army at the Rapture or die in this army;
But I will not get out, sell out, be talked out.

I am faithful, I am capable, and dependable.
If God needs me, I am there.

I am a soldier, a prayer warrior. I am not a baby.
I do no need to be pampered, petted, primed up, pumped up, picked up
or pepped up.

I am a soldier, a prayer warrior.
No one has to call me, remind me, write me, visit me, entice me or lure me.

I am a soldier, a prayer warrior. I am not a wimp.
I am in my place, saluting my King, obeying his orders, praising his name
And building his Kingdom.

I am a soldier, a prayer warrior.
No one has to send me flowers, gifts, food, cards, candy or give me handouts.
I do not need to be cuddled, cradled, cared for or catered to.

I am committed.
I cannot have my feelings hurt bad enough to turn me around.
I cannot be discouraged enough to turn me aside.
I cannot lose enough to cause me to quit

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

I didn't realise that weblinks won't show on a blog post but go to armybarmy.com and look in the blog.... you'll find Captain Court's post there that I've referred to!

8:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home