Tuesday, October 13, 2009

New season

My thoughts center around the new season we are in of Autumn. On Sunday evening I saw a snippet of a weather forecast for the forthcoming week and it said that this week would be 'benign'. I think of those lovely Autumnal days as days of mists and mellow fruitfulness. I love the glory and majesty of autumn..... I love what it says about my Creator, The Creator. I love the blessing that it brings each day, especially when it is a bright crisp sunny day! I also think of the final display that Autumn brings before the stark desolation that can be Winter.

All this leads me to think of the parallels with life and my life at the moment. My mood is fairly benign and mellow at the moment.... things have settled down somewhat from the frenetic activity of the past few months at work and I have a chance to breathe again.

I wonder how fruitful I am and I look back over the past year and try and do a spiritual inventory. I think that I have progressed, although the progress has been small and faltering at times. I believe that there has been some fruit borne but it might not be very tasty.

I think of my Creator and pray that I would continue to be transformed more and more into His likeness but I want it to be an ongoing process and not a final display. If I had the opportunity, at the end of my life, to look back - what would I say that I had achieved for God and His service? Would I have made a difference at all? Did I sow seeds? Did people see Jesus in me?

I want to be who God called me to be - His.......... there can be no greater Glory and Majesty!

2 Comments:

Blogger petros said...

Bless you ..... and thank you .... some beautiful thoughts. A lot of people see Spring as season of 'new beginnings' but I see Autumn as that season .... as we thought of this week-end we plant the bulbs for Spring birth ..... so it all begins in the Autumn.
Have a good week .... God Bless

Pete

9:33 pm  
Blogger Ann said...

Thanks Pete, you are absolutely right! I do hope you and Pauline have a lovely holiday full of all the 'R's - Rest, Relaxation, Refreshment and Renewal!
God bless
Ann

1:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home