Friday, January 07, 2011

God is good!

The title says it all really - God is good! But of course I'm not going to leave it there, especially as this is my first blog for months..... Anyway, as many people do, I have looked back over 2010 and recognised (again) that, how ever difficult things were at times, whatever worries and anxieties I had, God was there and He was the one who got me through.

Another well known saying comes to mind "This too shall pass" - with all the stuff of 2010, some of it fantastic.... especially all my lovely Birthday celebrations together with all the difficulties, particularly towards the end of the year with the increasing awareness that I will be made redundant in 2011, I am still keeping on keeping on, with God's help and lots of the minutiae of life just passes and we come out of the other side, often stronger, sometimes wiser - well that's the theory anyway!!

There has been much answered prayer, there has been healing and restoration, more than sufficient provision and bountiful blessings and all from God's hand. God is good.

I go into 2011 with God leading me on - He even provided the most fabulous rainbow for me to enjoy as I walked across the Bristol Suspension Bridge on Wednesday (my first day back to work after nearly 2 weeks!) together with a wonderful sunrise on the other side of the bridge - Faithfullness yes.... it speaks volumes, but also just a wonderful blessing from my Creator who wants to share his creation with me and wants to bless me.

He goes before me to prepare the way and I am so thankful that He knows the end from the beginning. I am learning more and more to trust him in all things and to not lean on my own understanding - there are many lessons still to learn but He is patient and will continue to work in me and through me as long as I submit myself to His loving care.

God is good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home